6.14.2007

Never have been a reader...


I never have been the strongest of readers. In elementary school, I think I stood out just because I could spell and made good grades. I got through school by reading what I had to, even if it took me a couple times to get it. I took the SAT and realized that reading comprehension wasn't my thing. In college, I never read...no lie. Not even when I was supposed to. And now, I read a lot. I read my bible, I read a number of parenting articles, and I read books with Brant.

Long story short, let me tell you about Tuesday night's occurrence. Our routine at night is dinner, playtime with Daddy, and then bath time. After his bath, he goes to his room and Brandon helps him pull the ceiling fan chord...no doubt the highlight of his night...for real. After that, Daddy retreats to the kitchen to make his bottle while I get him ready for bed. We lotion, powder -- for baby soft skin of course -- put on our pj's, brush our hair, find our blanket, and begin reading books. Usually we read about three...

We began our night with Where is Elmo's Blanket?, which is a new favorite. We then moved onto The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Then, we went to his all-time bedtime book which is Corduroy. This is where he got bored. I am not lying to you when I write this, you can ask Brandon, but Brant took the book from my hand and began to read to himself, out loud. Of course, not in our language...but in his. Apparently, as I found out that night, I don't read well.

Side note: I would like to point out to Bryan that I used the correct adverb, WELL, above.

All that to say, I am going to begin working on my reading skills so that my one year old does not get bored when Mommy reads to him at night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRECIOUS!
Brant, your Mimi's favorite past time is reading...I have a library downstairs and I will begin filling it with your requests. Just let me know the titles you want :)))
Your Mimi LOVES to read!!! Just ask your Aunt Lala...

Amy said...

Hey Lindsay. I found your blog through Isaac's site. (I'm a high school friend of Pai's).

Congrats on your boy turning 1! He's adorable.

We have a son who will be 11 months tomorrow. We share in your joys of parenting. Isn't it such a blast?!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of your grammar!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.