6.18.2007

The Checkup...

Brant and I have been at MiMi and PawPaw's house since Saturday night. We spent a fun-filled day with PawPaw on Father's Day, away from Brandon...which was sad, but we decided that PawPaw needed to know how much we love him!

It was also, as you will soon see, time for Brant's one year check up. To most of you, that may not mean much. But to all of you mothers out there, it means one word...SHOTS. The appointment started out great. We weigh nearly 20 lbs and are 29.5 inches tall. This must be some cause for concern in the height department because the doctor started asking how tall everyone in the family was. But hey, we started out small and we are still playing catch up, which I think we are playing quite well, might I add. We got all checked out and got to play with the fun doctor toys.


After all of the fun was over, the doctor exited and Brant thought that it was time to go. However, being his mom, and the extremely smart lady that I am, I knew that wasn't true. We waited for the nurse to come in, the infamous nurse, who was ready to give my sweet little boy FOUR shots. Two in the left leg and one in each arm. He took the leg shots okay, but the arm ones threw him off because he has never had a shot in the arm before. I would say that I have some pictures of this, but I thought that would just be way too cruel to take his picture and make him think that I was amused. However, after I went to the waiting room and gave him to MiMi and he settled down, I got a picture of him in the car seat. Not a happy camper, but trying to smile.


After we got home, we took Brant to the pool for some fun. However, the pools at Bentwater are apparently cracking down on babies in the pool. We weren't allowed in without "rubber pants." I couldn't have even told you what those were until my mom had been to three stores to bring some back to the pool. Long story short, once he was finally ready for the pool he was pretty tired and ready to go home.

As we speak he is in bed, but his leg is really hurting him. It is one of the hardest things to watch your child in pain and knowing there really isn't anything you can do about it. I know that this is the most shallow representation of that, and I know many parents who have been through so much more, but pain on any level with your child is hard. I thank the Lord every day for a healthy child and for healing in the lives of those who aren't. Here are two last pictures from this afternoon. We are heading back home to Macon tomorrow. We can't wait to see Daddy!

No comments: