8.15.2007

::Flowers Don't Taste So Good::

Brant is having a great first week at school. He is learning how to play with other kids and hopefully soon he will be learning to eat lunch! I really think he has enjoyed getting out of the house everyday. At least in the morning when I ask if he's ready to go to school, instead of crying, he runs to the door and starts beating on it! And now when he goes to his room, he lets go of my hand and starts to play instead of clinging and crying. So, progress is definitely happening, and for that I am excited.

The part I am not excited about is how exhausted me and Brant are at the end of the day. We get home and after dinner it is basically time for him to go to bed. Not a lot of time to play with Mommy and Daddy, but we will get used to that and do fun things on the weekend to make up for it.

Today after we got home, Brant and I explored the backyard. First we made a stop at the marigolds by the fence. He liked to pick them and see if they tasted good. He found out they did not!



Then, we went to our path with rocks and tasted a few of those. The picture below is one that I thought he was tasting a rock, which I thought was funny. Turns out it was a dead flower with individual petals that flaked off...oops!

As you can see below, he did not like the taste of that, and the petals stuck to his mouth. I had to help him get cleaned up before dinner!


Brandon met one of our neighbors tonight. Said he seemed like a nice man with a nice family. They are the ones who are trying to sell their house though. He offered to help us move or take boxes, or even let BA borrow the lawn mower if he needed it. I was proud of BA for being so neighborly.

Funny story and then I'm done. So, most of you know that the couple we bought the house from is elderly, and when I say that, I mean the man had to use a walker and his wife told him what to do. Been married 47 years. My guess is they were in mid to late 60s. So we found out from our neighbor, that NO LIE, the couple's parents live across the street. Can you believe that? That would be like in 10 or more years, my Nanny living across the street from my parents. Just seems sorta funny.

Hope this finds you all well. Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get to pick you up from school tomorrow...can't wait!!!!!!


Love you,Mimi

Anonymous said...

FYI Linz...mid to late 60's is NOT OLD....love, aunt claudia

Anonymous said...

Yeah Linz, Claudia's right. Especially in her case!
I'm glad all is working out so well in your new home! What a blessing and Brant is so cute out in the yard with the flowers. Can't wait to come and see your home sometime soon!!!!
Love you,
Jan