7.23.2007

WHAT A DAY!


Yesterday was very eventful in the life of the Arnolds. We started off our day by packing for Atlanta. We are staying at my parents while they are away this week to keep Sammy the dog, and for it to be a shorter drive for Brandon to work. Around 10 am, Brandon's parents came and dropped Brant off at the apartment since he had a sleepover the night before with them. By 11 am we were on our way to Atlanta.

The drive to Atlanta was very calm. Brant slept, and since my radio was stolen out of my car last weekend at my parents house, I even took a cat nap with nothing to keep my attention (sorry Brandon). We got to Atlanta about 1 pm, and everyone at the Boyd house was excited to see Brant, as they always are. Lauren and Pat played with Brant, along with Mom and Dad.

Around 4 pm, Brandon and I headed over to Wayne's house to finalize some more stuff on the house. Please continue to pray for us...we have till Thursday to make our final decision. We are praying that God would give us peace and help us not to be afraid of this huge decision. We are not called to live in fear, but in strength and wisdom being sure of God's presence in our life! Anyways - sorry for the side note - but while we were gone the family babysat and took Brant to the creek. SO FUN! I wish I had pictures...they said he was in the middle splashing and throwing rocks.

We ate dinner around 6 or so and then Pat headed out to SC. Lauren was sad! So, we all went outside to play. Brandon, Lauren, and I were hitting a playground ball and trying to see how many times we could hit it without it touching the ground. Mom and Dad were about to leave to go to get Mom's oil changed. Then things went haywire...

I noticed Brant heading towards the bank in the backyard that leads to the woods. I didn't think anything of it right away, but after he got on his hands and knees I didn't like it anymore. Brandon walked over to get him, and the next thing I know, Brandon is swatting at our son's head and running towards the house. It just plain scared me...and first I thought it was ants, or something like that. Once in the garage, Brandon informed me that it was YELLOW JACKETS! I was like - you have got to be kidding me. 2 trips to the ER, and now being stung by YELLOW JACKETS! We got him inside to see how many had stung him. As far as we could tell, only two got him. One on the back of his head, and one near his ear. As we were trying to make sure there weren't any more on him, one stung my jaw. IT HURT! So I knew that he had to be hurting. We got him in the bathtub, and tried to calm him down.

Let's just say the next 2 hours were not fun. Dad went and killed the hive...I'm just glad Brandon got to him when he did or else it could have been bad. He finally settled down enough to go to sleep around 9:45. So we put him down. However, about 10:45 he woke up, and poor thing, he was inconsolable. I don't know if anyone else feels me on this one, but that is one thing that breaks my heart, and inconsolable child, especially your own. He cried and cried until midnight and then finally went to sleep.

There are some pictures below of him playing, BEFORE the accident. Mom and Dad got him some golf clubs and balls, and he was loving them. Once again, I didn't get any pictures of him when he was hurting...thought it might be a little inconsiderate.

At least we know one thing, he's not allergic to Yellow Jackets! Go Tech...Right DAD!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Day it was indeed!...I believe we have a little one that is going to have multiple things occur even with all of us standing there watching him. It is indeed really hard when your child hurts and you have done everything you can do to help. Thank the Lord that He heard our prayers for a good night once he FINALLY went to sleep. He is up and running this morning....
Love you B,
Mimi

lori said...

We didn't hear the CRYING, heck I was up, could have come consoled! Poor Baby! Yes, there are the "I am not really hurt" cries and the "hug me, I hurt" ones....I understand and there is NOTHING like the "I hurt, hug me" ones to get you!!
Well, you have to laugh, it was yellow jackets...could have been a bulldog or worse yet A TIGER!!
we will see you later!
love you!

Anonymous said...

The hurts of motherhood, it never stops.You never want your children to get hurt but you can't avoid it.I still get a stomach ache everytime one of my children gets hurt. Brant is sooooo precious!I'm glad that mimi and papa got him some golf clubs!
Love,
Jan