2.11.2009

::Post Surgery Update::

Surgery went well. We are at home now, after his first day back at school. He had a great day and was really excited to see his friends, almost as excited as they were to see him!

He is still a little swollen, and I haven't seen the stitches yet because that waterproof bandage is really holding up! Will let you all know how that goes in the days to come. So far, he hasn't tried to rip it off yet, so thats good.

We have to go back to the doctor in like 2 to 3 weeks to make sure all is well, but I am sure it is.

Here are some pics from the day. We had a great experience at Children's...even as early in the morning as it was! I would recommend it to anyone. Dr. Bussey was wonderful...

This was before we went back. I thought we would be leaving soon...thats why I had on the hair net. Didn't leave soon...took it off. Glad I don't have to wear one of those in my profession.

Brant was a returning shopper to the games, books, and chalk. He loved Connect Four. He and Daddy played for like 10 minutes.

Close up of the nervousness...he wasn't a happy camper for the most part. I think he knew...

Post-op making sure we can keep things down. At least it was a Popsicle...and he loved it. It wasn't the lollipop he was begging for (ya know - Dr = Lollipop) but he didn't complain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you had o wear that t-shirt! HA!!!! Hope all is well. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Lauren

Amelia said...

The nervous picture looks like Lee! We are praying for his continued smooth recovery, and we miss him!