1.23.2008

::Sorry its been a while::

So its been a while since my last post. A lot has gone on. Nothing too interesting to write about, but fun for our little family. Let's see...
On Sunday the 13th Brandon and I had been married a WHOLE YEAR! They say the first year is the hardest, and if that is the case, I am in store for a lovely, fulfilling, and EXCITING time, to say the least, in our marriage. My Mom and Sis were in Israel, so since the only babysitter we use here (MiMi) was gone, we opted to take a trip the next weekend. So, on Friday the 18th we left for Gatlinburg. I had never been and was really pumped. We rented a small cabin up the mountain between Pidgeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It was a very pretty time of the year to go, not as pretty as fall I am sure, but it was pretty none the less. We spent Friday looking around and getting settled and then Saturday we hit the shops (my idea of course). See, the holidays are a rough time of year for Brandon. He has Christmas, our anniversary, my birthday on Feb. 9, and then Valentine's Day, all in a row. Needless to say, he was excited for me to pick out some gifts and knock them all out while we were there! With no argument from me, I came home with two new Polo dresses and a new rain jacket! Both things I need and have really wanted for a while. We wanted to see some snow, and were even worried that we might get snowed in. However, we did not see ONE flake, which I was depressed about, although we got back on time to see our little one, who we missed desperately...sort of.

Here are some pictures to sum it up...

So, the week and a half for Brant has been fun. He saw his first snow, and maybe last for a while. He got to spend a weekend with MiMi and PawPaw eating popcorn and marshmallows, playing with his friend Haydo, and being rocked to sleep. Now he is back in the routine...getting up early, being at school all day LEARNING (Blah), and getting his second haircut today! Here are some pictures from his week or so...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that his new shirt from Mimi her had on today...?????
His haircut is adorable. Great pics...Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I loved the new pictures. I have to have a copy of the next to last one. Oh my, he is so sweet.

The cabin looked wonderful and I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves. How lucky you are to have a baby sitter like MiMi - I was not so fortunate.

Thanks for the new pics.

Anonymous said...

Linds,
The cabin was beautiful! I'm so happy that you had a blast... you two deserved it! The year has gone by sooooo fast! Congrats again!
Your house was also beautiful in the snow!!! I bet Brant was fun to watch in the snow! He is growing cuter all the time. LOVE YOU!!!!
L Berlin

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! His haircut is cut although I do miss the cute little curls.Of course a grandmother would.
Glad you two had a chance to get away.
The cabin/lodge(?)looks really nice.
Did Brant get a chance to play in the snow?
Kaitlan sure was hoping for snow. Oh well, maybe next time.
Love, Mom/Nana