6.16.2009

Happy First Birthday Lee


One year ago today, I was rushing with my mom and sister down to Piedmont Hospital to witness ( from the waiting room ) the birth of my nephew Lee Thomas Hardman. I married into being an aunt, to 3 wonderful kids (wassup Gatlin, Ashton, and Caroline!) but becoming an aunt by birth to one of your own sibling's children is something so different to me! I think it has to do with the fact that I am a girl for starters. But to be a mom first, I was able to understand what my brother is about to feel for this little person. Knowing what a great uncle he was and what a great aunt Amelia was, and understanding how that is going to make them even greater parents was neat to witness. Knowing all of that while I was waiting in the hospital is a feeling that is too difficult to put into words. I couldn't wait for Lee to get here and my brother experience the blessing of being a dad, yet even more so, I couldn't wait to be as great of an aunt to their child as they had been to mine!

I will never forget the look on my brother's face when he exited that delivery room to let us all know that "Lee Thomas Hardman is BORN." It will be with me a long time... and I will live to tell Lee how I was in the waiting room watching the Bulldogs as we waited for him to arrive.

I love being Aunt Lin-Lin... only wish I could see him more! Can't wait for his party this weekend. And for the many summer birthdays that he and his cousin Brant will share as they grow old together!

Love you Hardmans... savor every moment because they go by WAY too fast!

No comments: